An arthrogram is a procedure used to detect problems and issues in joints. In some cases, doctors find it hard to detect problems with standard imaging. The arthrogram is widely used to find the exact pain points in case of bone fracture, wear down cartilage, and torn ligament. This diagnostic process injects a special dye called contrast dye and then uses x-rays, MRI, CT or Fluoroscopy. The dye acts as a highlighter that displays the exact problem in the joint. It helps in detecting the unexplained pain. Innate Imaging is one of the best arthrogram centers in Plano, Texas. It is known for providing clear and affordable arthrogram to help you get the best treatment.
What to Expect?
- Certified and experienced technologist takes preliminary X-rays.
- Patients are provided comfortable attire to wear during the process. We ask the patient’s not to wear valuables on the day of the test.
- The affected joint will be cleaned with an antiseptic solution to prepare it for local anesthesia.
- Radiologist shoots the contrast material into the joint and moves it to spread throughout the joints.
- For further examination, we collect a small sample of fluid in the joint.
- The radiologist will examine the images received with the technologist to get the best images.
- The entire process takes 30 minutes to complete.
- Comprehensive guidance throughout the test to help the patient understand the procedure in detail.
- Our radiologist will prepare the reports after reading the results.