CT Scan Services
Computed Tomography (CT), formerly known as a CAT scan is a radiology technique used to evaluate soft tissues, bones, muscles, internal organs, and blood vessels using X-ray and computer equipment to produce cross-sectional images of body structures, tissues, and organs. CT scans are widely used to discover changes in the body which is difficult to find from regular X-rays. CT scans use a device called a scanner comprising of an X-ray tube to send signals to the computer, created by internal images of the body and evaluates them to create the image.
Innate Imaging is recognized for being one of the best CT scan centers in Plano, Texas. We offer accurate and clear CT scan at affordable prices in a comfortable environment. Depending on your Physician’s order, you may be qualified for a CT under anesthesia due to anxiety or other clinical reasons. To get more information about CT under anesthesia, click here or contact our office.
What to expect?
- Preparation for your CT scan will depend on the type of exam. Before your CT scan, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
Most exams require no preparation, except for the following:
- CT Abdomen/Pelvis/IV contrast: You are prohibited from having anything to eat or drink 4 hours prior to the exam.
- CTs without contrast consists of no preparation prior to the procedure.
- For 15-20 minutes, the patient lies on the table that moves through a circular opening. Depending on the exam and your physician’s order, oral and/or IV contrast may be required to highlight certain areas of the body.
- Your technologist will conduct the test from an adjacent room. You will be able to communicate with your technologist through a patient intercom system during the entire exam. You should remain relaxed and lay as still as possible.
- A radiologist will interpret your exam and the results will be electronically sent to your physician within 24 hours.