Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is one of the most technologically advanced diagnostic tools available today. MRI uses a powerful magnet, low-intensity radio frequency pulses, and computer technology to create detailed images of the soft tissues, muscles, nerves, and bones in your body. MRI scans are used to evaluate the spine, joints, and head.
Innate Imaging services is one of the best outpatient providers in Plano, Texas that offers precise and affordable MRI imaging. In many instances, MRI replaces the need for X-rays and exploratory surgery. MRI uses no radiation. Depending on your physician’s order, you may be qualified for MRI under anesthesia due to anxiety or other clinical reasons.
To get more information about MRI under anesthesia, click here or contact our office.
What to expect?
- Preparation for your MRI will depend on the type of exam. Before your MRI scan, please contact us, so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
- Due to the magnetic field, you will be asked to wear metal-free clothing or to change into a gown. You also will be asked to remove any metallic objects, such as jewelry, watches, and hair clips.
Most exams require no preparation except for the following:
- For an MRI of the abdomen or pelvis, it is important to have nothing to eat or drink, including water, for four to six hours before your exam. A sip of water to take prescription medication is allowed.
- Your technologist will conduct the test from an adjacent room. You will be able to communicate with your technologist through a patient intercom system during the entire exam.
- Most exams take 30 to 60 minutes to complete and you may resume normal activities afterward. If you have taken any medication to relax prior to your exam, we ask that you bring a driver for your safety.
- After the test, you can leave the facility and resume your daily activities.